Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Monday 23rd - Friday 27th October - Dreamweaver

this week was scheduled for Dreamweaver. Steve Jones taught us all week covering the basics of HTML CSS and the Dreamweaver user interface. I had already had quite a bit of training and practice using HTML and basic CSS so I found this week fairly straight forward. But it was still very useful and it helped me to refresh my knowledge especially with CSS layouts.

The relatively easy week also gave me time to catch up on my Maya work which I worked on all week. I endlessly tweaked my project but I am very happy with what I have achieved in what I consider to be a short time. I think my previous experience with another AutoDesk product - autoCAD helped me , I have used quite a few CAD programs working with maps and buildings.Once I have finished the modeling and animation I need to work out how the music will fit in.

Using Dreamweaver was much better than I expected, my previous experience has been like using MS Word. The package assumes the user doesn't know what they want and constantly tries to help out, normally with un wanted results. But this week I really saw the benefit of using Dreamweaver above just typing your HTML and CSS into a text pad. It was much quicker to write code in HTML and I made less mistakes with spelling and missing off closing brackets etc. So I will be using Dreamweaver from now on to wright my HTML and CSS. Steve Jones was very helpful this week and it will be great top have him around for the next few weeks as we complete our neat assignment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home