Thursday, November 23, 2006

Monday 6th - Friday 10th November - Industry Brief continued

we discussed a lot last week but this week was got on with the fun bit, I really enjoyed coding CSS and XHTML and although it was frustrating getting the pages work across browser it was very satisfying when they finally did. Used Google Map Api to stick a nice map with some markers into a page, it was fairly easy. But I did face a problem with my address, goggle map keys only work within one directory on your site, this can be easily over come by getting different keys for different directories. The problem arose because the site is currently on the same server as my portfolio and the linked path has capitals on TomGarne. The google key only works on tomgarne:

www.d10dev-studio.com/tomgarne/location.asp

www.d10dev-studio.com/TomGarne/location.asp

I tried to fix this problem by redirecting to the lower case version using JavaScript at the top of the page but I couldn't get it to tell the difference between upper and lower case. In the end I fixed the problem by making sure every link I had to the page was lower case and although that hasn't fixed the problem, the only way now to get to the upper case page is to type it in, which no one would do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home