Monday, November 27, 2006

Monday 20th - Friday 24th November - Sound design

The first few days of the brief were used to catch up on bits and bobs, I used the time to work on my individual reflective commentary on the Dreamweaver brief. I also clean up some of the group work. It was good to have a few days of more relaxing work but by the end of the week I was ready to start something new.

On Thursday and Friday we had John-Paul Jones in to teach us about sound design, The first day was Audacity and the second day Reason. Audacity can be downloaded free at:audacity.sourceforge.net. Its a great program which I was introduced to a couple of years ago, I used it to record audio streaming from the net. The program is easy to use and quick to learn, on Thursday we used it to record the first paragraph from "Moby Dick" and then chop it up and alter it .It was quite good fun but as we had all used audacity in our digital stories and our 3D work I didn't feel that I learnt much I didn't know about the software. I did learn a lot about sound formats that will probably be very useful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home